DF5K’s 2010 Decibel Festival Showcase Suggestions
Decibel Festival starts one week from today!
DF5K’S DECIBEL FESTIVAL 2010 SHOWCASE SUGGESTIONS:
- Opening Gala @ Pravda Studios: More of a schmoozefest than a showcase, this networking event will be jam-packed with artists, press, staff and fans, all toasting the beginning of a fantastic weekend to the beats of local legends, Conference hosts and veteran DJs Ean Golden, Kris Moon and Darek Mazzone. Don’t forget to pick up a copy of the official “2010 DB Festival Guide.”
- Ghostly International Showcase @ Neumos: I AM A LASER put it well: “We technically have a boner for anything that comes out of the Ghostly International label.” Pantha du Prince, Mux Mool, Gold Panda & Lusine will show us what the Ghostly aesthetic is all about.
- DNB Showcase @ the Baltic: Then I will no doubt pop over to the Baltic for the very first drum and bass showcase EVER at Decibel, more to see the locals Kid Hops, Grym and Aksion although headliners Klute and Gridlok will bring it no doubt.
- Flying Lotus and Friends @ Neumos: Without a doubt, one of the showcases that I am looking forward to the very most! Flying Lotus, SAMIYAM, Lorn, Eskmo & Truckasauras will keep me at the venue most of the night, and this is definitely one showcase you should not miss- I have a feeling there might be a special surprise in store.
- Shameless Showcase @ Chop Suey: For the past two years this showcase has popped OFF into a freaky wild dance party. Two rooms of music feature big names Dan Bell and Deepchild – and don’t miss my favorite techno DJ in Seattle, Ctrl_Alt_Dlt.
- Sweatbox presents: Thrilling Mystery Afterhours (Unofficial Showcase) @ TBA: Mystery techno dance theater! Keep your ear to the ground for more info!
- Create a Digital Promotion Plan @ Pravda Studios – 1PM Workshop: I am cohosting this workshop with Erica Toelle. Do you want to market your music more effectively online, use free press tools efficiently and increase your online presence? Come to this one hour workshop to learn some tricks of the trade and walk away with a plan of action! This event, like all dB Conference events, is free!
- Uncertain Future: Diffusing Works @ Pravda Studios – 2PM Panel: New media, peer-to-peer communication, social networking, digital communities and what the hell it all means.
- Red Bull Music Academy on the Floor @ Neumos: MODESELEKTOR with Pfadfinderei on visuals, Shlohmo, Teebs, Mount Kimbie & Headhunter…holy shit. Though they are a longtime favorite, I have never heard Modeselektor play live and I am STOKED. Get to Neumos early for Shlohmo and for Teebs, the latter of whom will hopefully drop some beauty from his forthcoming album on Brainfeeder, Ardour.
- Planet Mu Label Showcase @ the Baltic: Starkey? Ikonika? Falty DL? Oh hell yes. The dark and dirty venue will be heaving.
- The Art of Rhythm Showcase @ Motor: For a lush hippie vibe and chunky, crunchy beats, head to Motor for Beats Antique, Emancipator & Phidelity.
- Mi Casa Es Su Casa Showcase @ Motor: Still going? Just getting started? Stay at Motor for this late-night dance freak fest that features the West Coast debut of Catz N Dogz, a debut live set from Lawnchair Generals and Berlin tech house phenom Dinky.
- Innerflight Red Eye After Hours (Unoffcial Showcase). The crowd is going to be GREAT at this after party. ARTISTS: Ill gates, Take, Lorn, Potatofinger and Rhines. BOMB lineup, and I love the Monkey Loft- this is definitely another top showcase for me!
- Decibel in the Park: West Coast Love @ Mural Amphitheater in Seattle Center: Another one of my most highly-anticipated showcases of the entire festival, the dance floor will no doubt go off bananas and coconuts with this lineup, starting at NOON with Pressha, Splatinum, Mat the Alien, Nasty Nasty, Nosaj Thing and Bluetech presents: Satori Social. WOW! DB in the Park has upgraded this year and is now being held under the Space Needle and with a beer garden!
- The Mothership Boat Party @ Lake Union: If you like even beats, getting drunk on the water and dancing until you can’t stop smiling, then get on the motherfuckin’ boat! Please note that this showcase is NOT included in your Decibel pass. And believe me when I say, I fucked a mermaid.
- Beats Per Moment @ Motor: Vibesquad, Alex B, Low Limit and Machinedrum. Super gansta-leany slap riot going off!
- D25 Showcase @ Neumos: Carl Craig, baby. Techno, baby. This is IT.
- Hotflush Label Showcase @ the Baltic: A fine selection of talent as well over at the Baltic with Untold, Sepalcure, Incyde and Scuba!
- Fresh X Decibel (Unoffcial Showcase) @ Monkey Loft: Dibiase hits Seattle! Woot woot! Also with: XI vs. Ultragramma, Tyler Tastemaker and Devonwho.
- Decibel in the Park: Dubstep Heavyweights @ Mural Amphitheater in Seattle Center: Another beautiful day at the park with Mary Anne Hobbs, Plastician, 12th Planet & lots of delicious dubstep, post-dubstep, post hip-hop and post-genre music.
- Optical Showcase 3 @ The Triple Door: Decibel has three awesome optical showcases, but I am usually too wired up to sit that still- until Sunday, when my legs start feeling a little like green jello salad. The Triple Door serves excellent food, and I will very much enjoy slinking down in a cushy seat with a glass of wine and a plate of cheese to visual works from Tycho, Tim Hecker, Sanso-Xtro and Lillevan.
- Shift Recordings Showcase @ Hunter Gatherer Lodge: The Shift crew gets together and bangs it out proper; crazy shit is going to happen up in that loft, count on it. Featuring Lukki, Dirty, Grym, TZR, Press, Surpass, Kid Simple, Dubtek and Dash EXP – a whole gang of Seattle locals!
Throughout the festival, I will be posting updates on my Twitter account about renegade parties and underground after-after-after hours that pop up under bridges – so follow me to stay updated.