Going Down This Week (Nov 24-30)
Your weekly list of Shilo-approved electronic music events in Seattle:
Most of you are probably making Thanksgiving plans, driving to see the family, gathering friends around to eat pie and shit. Whatever. Have fun with your lame-ass holiday.
For the rest of us to whom the holidays mean nothing, guess what? It is time to party. Here:
- Naha Army at the Grotto (the basement of the Rendezvous in Belltown): bring your arms and your legs and party with Naha, MC Anton Bomb, Break 6, Mickey Procon aka Cory Popcorn, and lots of art! FREE!
- VIBE at Contour with BANGIN’ TECHNO from Travis B, Ctrl_Alt_Dlt, pantycontrol, and Michito
- M83 at Neumos- Electropop francais. All the music nerds will be here, gazing at their shoes.
Wednesday (Thanksgiving Eve!):
- Kraak and Smaak at the Nectar bring one of the Netherland’s hottest acts to Fremont. Hot and sweaty.
- Chilled-out dance church at the Church of Bass
- GOBBLE ON DEEZ has a horrible name and even worse flyer (both no doubt dreamed up by some one with a y chromosome), but it is in the sweet new underground venue with two huge rooms in SoDo I have been hearing so much about. There are about 20 DJs but I am looking forward to Zacharia, Rob Noble, Manahan, Goner, Pressha, Noisemaker, and Northstar. $10, BYOB
- Midtempo Madness: FREE glitch hop and crazy mid tempo shit at the Crimson C. NOTE: this is the last Thursday or any day you should ever go to Crimson C. They backed out on us for the use of their venue 1.5 weeks before our show IN TEXT. Bullshit business practices and you should no longer support this bar EVER. After Thursday.
Friday: LYNZIE’S BIRTHDAY!
- Herbaliser at Nectar performing as full live band, Sun Tzu Sound opens.
- Analog at Rebar: Deep House from Deep Space. Househeads rejoice.
- Zacharia and Rob Noble at Onset, if ya missed ’em at Gobble on Deez